Photo Credit: Michael Shiffman ©2007
Welcome to the Insight Center
The Insight Center is nestled within a quiet residential
area in West Los Angeles.
In February 2007 we opened our doors to classes and retreats.
We restrict our classes and workshops to 16, but we can accommodate 25 people comfortably,
at our retreats and special events.
The Center's Major Goals are:
The Center's Primary Activities are:
- To formally train professionals to integrate mindfulness meditation within
their professional scope of practice;
- To teach professionals and the general public to develop their own mindfulness meditation practice;
- To develop institutional programs which bring mindfulness meditation to mental health facilities,
hospitals, and community health clinics;
- To evaluate the utilization of mindfulness meditation by individuals and in institutional settings.
- To build a community of skilled practitioners;
We will be solidifying our educational programs in the short run and will be developing
programs in clinical, institutional and alternative environments.
- To teach mindfulness meditation to individuals, groups, and in institutional programs;
- To provide mindfulness-based therapy to individuals, couples and groups;
- To develop methodologies and protocols for mindfulness-based therapies;
- To further the development of the field of mindfulness-based psychotherapy;
- To develop methods and instruments to evaluate mindfulness-based therapy;
- To provide community-based support for mindfulness meditation.
But more than walls and Buddhas, we are a place to practice, study, and
share community with others.
We invite you to join us.